In 2014 Our Oceans Challenge started the first round to share and enrich ideas towards cleaner and healthier oceans. In 2016 the second round started and ocean enthusiast were invited to help solve the following challenges:
- Noise mitigation – How can noise nuisance offshore be decreased?
- Waste management – How can the offshore industry help to stopping pollution and cleaning our oceans?
- Big data – How can the power of big data contribute to a sustainable offshore industry?
- Ocean Resources – How can be exploit the ocean resources in a sustainable way?
- Sustainable Legacy – How can you add value by (re-) using existing offshore infrastructure?
This second round, over 750 participants, consisting of entrepreneurs, offshore experts and individual ocean enthusiasts have contributed a total of 161 working concepts. The top 20 as described below will now enter the OOC Development Phase, to accelerate the idea to be ready to pitch to the industry’s leaders and potential investors! This final event will take place on June 15th!